Also, I’m really sorry anon, I saw your message.
I feel terrible for not answering it. I have no idea if you can even see this, but I swear I’ll answer it soon.
And naturally after I say all of those things, I get my ass handed to me on a silver platter encrusted in diamonds.
My step-cousin’s husband beat me by over 100 pins.
Not good enough.
Never going to be good enough.
I don’t know why I even bother. I don’t know why I even pump myself up, even a little bit because I am clearly a piece of shit.
Just once. JUST ONCE I WANT TO BE BETTER. Why can’t I be the best at least once? I know they could care less about me, but just once I want them to notice me. Just once I want them to consider me a threat and talk about my skills and shit.
I don’t know why I care so much about it. I don’t know why I let them get to me but they do. I think they may have said one word to me the whole time. But it still gets to me.
Just once, I want them to talk about me. Just once I want to exist to them.
For fucking once I want to be the best. I’m so fucking tired of being second-best. I’m so tired of being considered that and being considered sub-par. I’m just so fucking done with it.
It was the final nail in the coffin of this shitty ass week, and I don’t know what those people I saw last week saw in me because they must be lying or blowing smoke up my ass.
|Do you have any tips for motivating yourself for leaving the house in the morning please? I get so miserable knowing there's a whole long boring day ahead me do I put off going out as long as I can. I'm either usually late or don't turn up which is not a good thing|
I’m glad you asked this question because it’s something that a lot of people struggle with. I’m going to use my CBT papers to help you—and others—out:
Motivation = Goals + Energy…Meaning you create your goals; despite thoughts and feelings, take action.
- Identify long term goals: What do you want to work towards? What is important to you? What are your values?
- Pros & Cons: What will change if I do nothing? What will I gain from doing/not doing this? Who or what will benefit?
- Identify unhelpful behaviors.
- Break long term goals into short term goals
- Make “SMART” goals: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time Sensitive
- Be flexible, prioritize, acknowledge your successes
- Visualize your success. Actually picture yourself achieving your goal, no matter how big or small.
- Physical health: healthy mind = healthy body
- Get enough sleep (6-10 hours a night), eat well, exercie
- How can you best get energy: with someone’s help? Alone?
- Ask for help when you need it: friends, family, classmates, coworkers, etc.
- Pros & Cons: What will change if I do nothing? What will I or others gain from me changing? Who or what will or will not benefit?
- Identify unhelpful behaviors and work towards behaviors that will help you achieve your goal(s).
- Replace willfulness (stubbornness) will willingness.
I hope this helps! If you have anymore questions, please message us!